Public hearings scheduled for November and December
Council members will now consider the budget through early December with final approval of the 2016 budget scheduled for Wednesday, December 9, 2015.
2016 budget process calendar
- Sept. 8, 1:30 pm – Ways & Means budget overview presentation
- Sept. 9, 5:05 pm – Board of Estimate and Taxation meeting and public hearing on maximum property tax levies and the mayor’s budget
- Sept. 18 – Nov. 3 – Ways and Means presentations and consideration of City departmental budgets hearings
(tentative dates can be found at minneapolismn.gov)
- Dec. 4 and 7, 1 pm – Ways and Means Budget Subcommittee budget mark-up
- Dec. 9, 6:05 pm – City Council final vote on budget after the public hearing
The City of Minneapolis has tentatively scheduled two public comment hearings on the proposed 2016 property tax levy and budget:
November 18, 6:05 pm: Room 317, City Hall
December 9, 6:05 pm: Room 317, City Hall
Watch 2016 budget process
TV: Minneapolis 79
Online: City of Minneapolis
MinnyApple is a relatively new Minneapolis source for news and weather information. Find us on the Twitter and Facebook links below.